Following on from consultation with residents undertaken earlier this year by FOFS and Preston City Council, a concept masterplan for the redevelopment of the park has been prepared. The plan, which was prepared by landscape architects at Preston City Council, is now out to consultation and feedback is being sort from local people on what it proposes.
The key areas for redevelopment are the:
- Children’s Play Area – this will be refurbished and an events space created
- Skate Park and Ball Court – the skate park could either be removed or redeveloped and it is suggested that ball court be moved to the northern side of the park, opposite Ashgrove
- Bowling Greens – these will be redesigned as garden areas with seating and pathways
- Community Garden – this will be extended either in its existing location or on a separate site elsewhere in the park, and
- Football Pavilion – this could be refurbished or demolished and a new pavilion builtIn addition the plan also proposes to increase the site’s car parking capacity, improve boundaries and entrances and plant more low level shrubs and wildflowers.To have your say on the future development of Waverley Park please take a look at the draft masterplan and complete the feedback questionnaire.
Once all the feedback has been received, it will be used to prepare a final masterplan for the site, which will be shared with residents. The Friends of Fishwick and St Matthews will then, with support from both Preston City Council and Lancashire County Council, seek funding to begin implementing the plan.